Friday, June 20, 2008

Hippocratic Oath

The Hippocratic Oath is one of the oldest binding documents in history. Written around 400 BC by Hippocrates, a Greek physician, its principles are held sacred by doctors to this day. The Oath of Hippocrates has remained in Western civilization as an expression of the ideal conduct for the physician.
The modern version used for this piece of calligraphy was written in 1964 by Louis Lasagna, Academic Dean of the School of Medicine at Tufts University, and is used in many medical schools today.

Frame 20x29; Price $159

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What is your email address? I am interested in the hippocratic oath plaque.

Jessica said...

I am also interested in this plaque for my office. Please email me - jclark@chesapeakeneurosurgery.com

Melanie said...

I am interested in this plaque. Will you provide your email address?